Thursday, March 6, 2008

Getting things started

So, Ive never been good at starting things, its taken me about 6 months to actually bother starting this, and this is something I actually wanted to do. Even worse, Im hopeless at finishing things I start so the chances of this being left with two posts, sitting in some cache (is that even the right term) slowly dying, are pretty high.

I'll give it a shot anyway.

I thought it would be important to document the quirky everyday things that happen when you have kids. Some of the things that are done and said should be recalled at 21st parties like they happened yesterday, not like some vague ramblings of an aging mother who cant remember which kid said what and if they were 2 or 12 when it happened. Hopefully one day my daughters will read this and laugh at themselves and their mum.

On that note - I have one daughter, Mali, and we are having another little girl in July. I also have a wonderful fiance, David, a cat and a dog.

Now we have the fun of rehashing all the things I have thought would make good content for the last 6 months in the next six days. My thought is that once I get all of that out of the way, this may actually be a good read. So 'Lets Go' as Mali (and a certain cartoon character who is followed around by a monkey) likes to scream at every opportunity.

No comments: